Delirium Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tweaking (via Bike) to Obtain Darkrai/Shaymin(/Arceus?)

+3
Umbreon13x
SSBB
Pandeji
7 posters

Go down

Tweaking (via Bike) to Obtain Darkrai/Shaymin(/Arceus?) Empty Tweaking (via Bike) to Obtain Darkrai/Shaymin(/Arceus?)

Post by Pandeji Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:37 am

I have recently discovered the method of tweaking utilizing the bicycle in Jubilife city and then riding to New Moon Island, etc.
Upon discussing this with other members of clan, I was shocked and slightly dismayed at the fact that they disapproved of my newfound method of obtaining the Legendaries I wouldn't have been able to obtain (without trading) (I have Pearl not Plat).
I will be catching these Pokemon either way, but I'm concerned with how the clan views the whole subject. Are they ok to use competitively or not? It was expressed that, because Nintendo didn't authorize my game to obtain Darkrai (via event), it was, as a whole, ILLEGAL, and not allowed by clan rules.
My response is that it is the most legit way to obtain it in the game for myself that doesn't require travelling a couple hundred miiles to a pokemon event (whicch, after Platinum, seems unlikely anyway). Secondly, as opposed to hacking, which could only be seen as even possibly acceptable if EVERYBODY hacked, I believe this tweaking to gain Legendaries actually evens the playing field. As stated earlier, this is the most useful way for DP owners to get their own Darkrai. It doesn't even involve the use of cheating devices.
And, assuming the whole clan views the subject the same way as I stated earlier, isn't cloning via wi-fi the same thing? Or cloning via Emerald? SURELY Nintendo didn't intend for people to get multiple thousands of Shinies, Legendaries, and Items? And, just like Darkrai, these pokemon show absolutely no trace that they were obtained less-than-legit.

So, there's my case. As with hacking, if it is shown that this is deemed "wrong" by the clan for competitive battles, I will certainly abide.
Thanks for your time.
^_^
Pandeji
Pandeji

Back to top Go down

Tweaking (via Bike) to Obtain Darkrai/Shaymin(/Arceus?) Empty Re: Tweaking (via Bike) to Obtain Darkrai/Shaymin(/Arceus?)

Post by SSBB Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:55 am

here's my opinion

this is alright to do for in-game but its a no-no for competitive battiling

ask someone in a clan for one and i can clone for u if u want

edit: explaination

"tweaking" is pretty much a hack

so if we let everybody use hacks then competitive battling would have shiny pokemon all with perfect IVs
theres a reason why we dont let people use hacks in battliling
it hasnt been aloud before and u cant change the rules

like i said before just ask someone for one and ill clone it
SSBB
SSBB

Back to top Go down

Tweaking (via Bike) to Obtain Darkrai/Shaymin(/Arceus?) Empty Re: Tweaking (via Bike) to Obtain Darkrai/Shaymin(/Arceus?)

Post by Pandeji Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:23 pm

SSBB1234 wrote:
"tweaking" is pretty much a hack

so if we let everybody use hacks then competitive battling would have shiny pokemon all with perfect IVs
theres a reason why we dont let people use hacks in battliling
it hasnt been aloud before and u cant change the rules

like i said before just ask someone for one and ill clone it
I find this to be sorta hypocritical...
People who have perfect IV pokemon and shinies tend to clone them, leading to the competitive battling scenario being exactly as you described.
Secondly, I fail to see how tweaking is the same as creating shinies and perfect IV pokemon.
In fact, as I said, this would be EXACTLY like if you cloned me somebody's Darkrai, except WORSE, because I might not reset for perfect speed/sp.attack IVs like that person would probably have.
Pandeji
Pandeji

Back to top Go down

Post by SSBB Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:27 pm

u have a good point
so ask the clan leaders if there ok with it, which i think they wont be
SSBB
SSBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandeji Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Yeahh. ^_^
So maybe we can talk to Ivan about cloning his?
Pandeji
Pandeji

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbreon13x Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:40 pm

well, its technically a glitch, the exact same as cloning, (you are talking about using the void right?) i wouldnt recommend getting shaymin, cuz everyone will think it is hacked, the only shaymins out right now are japanese

if you are using the void, you will have to soft reset for a good iv pokemon just like the rest of us, and i dont see a problem because the event is for plat only, just as long as you avoid catching pokemon that havnt had their events yet, i cant think of a way to prove you glitched it, unless they look at its stats and see you are the original owner, which they would have to do during trade, not a battle

if you arent using the void, im not sure what you are talking about, in which case i cant say one way or another

i dont think you can get arceus using the void, you have to use a portal, like you use to get to the distortion world, i might be wrong tho
Umbreon13x
Umbreon13x
Admin

https://deliriumclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandeji Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:19 pm

So it's ok to Void to to get Darkrai and Shaymin?
Pandeji
Pandeji

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbreon13x Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:18 pm

darkrai, in my opinion, yes, shaymin, no, because no matter what you say people will say it is hacked, just wait til its event is done, or at least started
Umbreon13x
Umbreon13x
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by michael77 Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:42 pm

i think its totally fair espisally now that every void pokemon is out in an event... heres why: its TOTALLY RISKY someone peforming the void glitch can mess up in a snap! (i did) and risk messing up voiders work and wait patiently knowing the whole time there saved data is at risk other than downloading an event on plat and wasting a perfectly good in game event on dp or entering a frikin code...
if someone works THAT hard for an event they should b able to use it

michael77

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:28 am

hey guys i dont have wifi thats why i havent been on so yeah soz im using it from school but im still ev trining and stuff
Ivan
Ivan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerachi Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:30 am

Umbreon13x wrote:darkrai, in my opinion, yes, shaymin, no, because no matter what you say people will say it is hacked, just wait til its event is done, or at least started
Wait what about the Toys R Us shaymin? and how will anyone know if it is or isnt.
Joerachi
Joerachi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerachi Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:39 am

michael77 wrote:i think its totally fair espisally now that every void pokemon is out in an event... heres why: its TOTALLY RISKY someone peforming the void glitch can mess up in a snap! (i did) and risk messing up voiders work and wait patiently knowing the whole time there saved data is at risk other than downloading an event on plat and wasting a perfectly good in game event on dp or entering a frikin code...
if someone works THAT hard for an event they should b able to use it
actually this pretty much sums it up. Risking your game isnt our choice and if you obtain shaymin/Darkrai through these methods i say why the hell not? Im not against using those pokes obtained through such method but i am,however, against using the method in the first place with the chance of f***ing up your game. If you do mess your game up then there goes your place here and your hard earned competitive pokes.

In short, I recommend not to do it but if you know what your doing then risk it if you want.
Joerachi
Joerachi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbreon13x Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:49 am

Joerachi wrote:
Umbreon13x wrote:darkrai, in my opinion, yes, shaymin, no, because no matter what you say people will say it is hacked, just wait til its event is done, or at least started
Wait what about the Toys R Us shaymin? and how will anyone know if it is or isnt.

its in a cherish ball i believe, i don't see it on serebii's event only pokes
Umbreon13x
Umbreon13x
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerachi Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:26 am

Umbreon13x wrote:
Joerachi wrote:

its in a cherish ball i believe, i don't see it on serebii's event only pokes
Oh yes i forgot about that
Joerachi
Joerachi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xEspeon13x Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:51 pm

yes, cherish ball, and a ribbon, i have one. Very Happy
xEspeon13x
xEspeon13x
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum